Inspiration Without Fear

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a small group of friends dedicated to immersive story-building, and enjoyable roleplay in a high fantasy setting. We are a private, invite only group.

4 posters

Preperations

Lost Caravan
    Lost Caravan

Preperations Empty Preperations

Post by Lost Caravan Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:19 am

Preperations KdrVZrx

"And this is one of the dining halls here in the castle. We'll be eating here, so go ahead and make yourselves comfortable." Nilo would say after giving a brief tore of the the wing of the unnecessarily ginormous castle that his parents and family called home. Honestly, some parts of the castle hadn't been touched in... Probably decades. What was the point of having so much space if there was barely anyone to occupy it? He supposed it was one of multiple mysteries that seemed to permeate from his country.

"Ah, some of my family members will be eating with us. Anenia, Kaya, Kaya's assistant, and Paftari will be serving us the food alongside Haramara, Rio's daughter. I'm not sure if Rio or Zi will be attending though." Nilo would list off, humming in thought for a moment. While Anenia and Kaya were very lax with the rules that Dutchy upheld with an iron fist, Paftari still earnestly believed in them. While he disagreed with what happened to Ruga, he was still a proud member of the Dutchy's Royal Family and still held much influence despite his disobedience.

"W-Well, alright. The food should come soon, shall we talk? It has been so long... We can relax and unwind a little." he'd say with a happy smile, taking a seat at the head of the table. It was an odd place for him to sit, he supposed... But he sat there without much thought, he didn't really think twice but at a table so elegant as this... It made him feel a bit uneasy.
    Cat
    Cat
    Admin

Preperations Empty Re: Preperations

Post by Cat Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:06 am

Evandra swept in behind Nilo, silence in her step, and slid into a chair next to his. During the brief tour, she had fallen into step with Amarra, glad to be back with her old friend. "Ah, I guess I should be on my best behavior, then," she said, glancing to Nilo, her face a little pink. Her first encounter with his relatives still held her a little on edge around them.

However, a bit more of her usual cheer shone through now(perhaps the time with Amarra lifted her spirits) as she even ventured a smile to the others. She looked quite different, as her usual commonplace attire was replaced with a blue dress, and her hair, usually stuffed into a messy braid, hung in loose curls.

Ellery, however, held less silence. She quietly 'ooed' and 'ahed' over every room that was shown, always commenting on how beautiful or admirable something about it was. And the dining hall was no different. With a spring in her step, she continued to tell Lochannar how much he should appreciate the scenery, who, by his distracted expression, probably had more mind on the upcoming meal, rather than the 'exquisite color of the walls'.

At first glance, they might not even recognize him. Clean, with his long, usually greasy hair tied back, and in a new set of clothes(had he ever worn something before that wasn't patched in a dozen places?), he looked bizarre. Almost like his father, save for the dreadful scar on his face.

Lochannar pointedly placed himself several seats away from Evandra, and folded his hands on his lap. He spoke nary a word during the entire tour, except the occasional comment to Ellery, whom he seemed to talk to more than the others. He kept looking over the room, tense, as if he expected something to jump out at him.

Ellery hesitated, torn between her usual position of pestering Lochannar, and next to Evandra. She opted for Lochannar, seeing as Amarra might well want to sit next to her... She smoothed back a stray curl, her freckled face beaming. "Oh! We'll get to meet some of the family! That sounds delightful." She glanced to Lochannar briefly, before looking back to Nilo. "Oh! Rio's daughter? I haven't seen any of them in a dreadful long time! I hope they're all doing well?" She glanced to Arturo with a knowing smile. "Glad to have Arturo back, I'm sure. Nothing beats having the whole family back together!"

She cast a meaningful glance to Evandra, which was hopefully taken both ways she meant it. Why, Eva had hardly looked at Lochannar since they arrived, and Ellery was bound to bring it up eventually. But for now, pleasant talk and dinner.

LSG_Amarra
    LSG_Amarra

Post by LSG_Amarra Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:31 am

"As long as the apples stay on the tables, everything should be fine." Indeed, Amarra did sit next to Evandra. She still wondered where Liniel was, but... she supposed she needed to be alone. She'd save a plate of food and find her, if she didn't come herself. "This is very beautiful." She had kept most of her comments to herself, allowing Ellery's to count for the older woman as well. She had been in elegant houses only a few times, when she traveled for fittings and quick fixes, and she always felt humbled the moment she walked in.

She gently eased herself into a chair, and found the comfort level absolutely divine. Sinking into the chair couldn't be helped, not after the trip on the boat. Among friends, she could allow a little undignification. "This is delightful..." She muttered.
    DaBowlOfSoup
    DaBowlOfSoup

Post by DaBowlOfSoup Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:22 pm

Art looked around at the room, the sight of all these elegant and unnecessarily large rooms still was very foreign to him, he had always preferred the outdoors much more. He slowly headed to take a seat but paused briefly before moving to find a seat that was away from most of the group as possible. It was very known to him that a large majority of the group didn't like him at all. "Maybe its best I don't bother them now." he thought to himself. He huffed and looked under the table at his hand, starting to twiddle with his thumbs. "Not talking is so....boring though"
    Lost Caravan
    Lost Caravan

Post by Lost Caravan Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:58 pm

"I'm glad you like it, Ellery and Am. The Reds have a fancy towards... Well, the color red. In our customs we find it a more elegant and important color than purple and violet. It's a bit of a status symbol here. That's why the castle is called the Castle of Red, more so because of the decor than those who reside in it." Nilo would say with a happy smile. At least someone could be appreciative of the hard work that was put into the castle. He knew most were more comfortable around more humble abodes but... Even though he found somewhere smaller more to his liking, this place was simply marvelous to live in for the time being.

"Did anyone have any questions? Ah, there are a lot of rules here... But I'll tell you them after the meal so you don't need to stress. I'm sorry that I have to put pressure on all of your behaviors but... The Dutchy and my parents are... Stricter than I can express in words." he'd say with a gentle sigh, unsure of how else to put it. It was dangerous to oppose anyone in the royal family regardless if they had power or not...

But if as on cue, three people would enter the room one after the other. One would be familiar to some, Kaya Red the eccentric explorer with a red panda happily resting on her shoulders. Next would be a quite messy looking boy regardless of the rather nice clothes he was wearing, it was Kaya's assistant with the unfortunate name... Something about his screamed common folk regardless of how he looked. Lastly was a foreign site, Anenia the Dutchy's idol and lead prophet. She wore what could only be described as a religious dress that was layered maybe four times over. A very elegant air around her that Kaya and her assistant didn't seem to hold.

"Oh wow! Nilo, who knew you were so popular? So, is this your entire extended family? Is the gloomy one an in law...?" Kaya would whisper the last bit to Nilo as she took the other seat adjacent to him. She'd wave to everyone after though, a happy smile on her face. "Nice to see some of you again! Oh, for those who don't know I'm Kaya and this lad is Nico Nico, he's my assistant in my adventures!" she'd say in her usual upbeat tone of voice, the boy would bow a bit haphazardly before sitting next to Kaya. He had never eaten at a fancy table before. His nerves were a tad bit high.

"T-The name's Nico Nico, y-yeah! First and last name being Nico! Pleasure to meet youse all." he'd say in a heavy accent that originated from Orovea. He seemed a little plain though, as if he was simply just a normal farmer.

"Hello everyone. My name is Anenia Red, I'm a prophet of our faith here in the Dutchy. It is a pleasure to meet you all. I hope we can get to know each other better in the future." Anenia would say in a timid voice, bowing gently out of respect to the others before sitting down at the table. There was still some time before the food would be ready, so they had time to talk and converse among each other.
    Cat
    Cat
    Admin

Post by Cat Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:17 pm

"Fascinating!" Ellery exclaimed. She listened intently to all Nilo said, and exuberantly agreed with most that went on. Either she was actually trying to carry a happier mood, or she was just plain fascinated, either way, she was doing a good job of it. "Red is a delightful color, I must say. Some even say that red symbolizes strength and courage. However, I never do much with it, as it does horrors to my complexion." She chuckled self-consciously.

Evandra snorted. "As I said, Amarra, I'm on my best behavior," she said with a hint of slyness. She tucked her hair behind her ear and smiled at Nilo, mouthing a quick 'don't worry.' In the abundance of red, Eva stood out like a sore thumb-- and quite likely the choice of wearing blue was deliberate, her own non-conformity.

"Questions? Well, if you're going to fill us in on the do's and don't's of the Duchy," Ellery grinned despite herself, "I believe we'll be good to go." She paused to take a breath. "Well, if I could write out, or have written out the rules for future reference, I'd appreciate that." She smoothed out her skirt nervously. She'd staple them to Lochannar's forehead, just for good measure. Or maybe to her own forehead, so Lochannar could actually see them...

When the three-some entered, Ellery fell silent. Kaya's exuberance was like a light in a dark room, and Ellery was delighted to meet another cheery person in this kingdom of gloom. However, she didn't go ahead and introduce herself. She glanced between them all, wondering who should go next. So she kicked Lochannar under the table.

Lochannar stiffened in his seat, a quiet 'oomph' escaping him before he composed himself. Resisting the urge to glare at Ellery, he nodded to the newcomers. Though unnecessary, he got Ellery's message: Be nice. "Lochannar Tanalramae-- Evandra's brother. Pleased," he hesitated," pleased to meet you." He gave Ellery a pointed is that good enough? look before staring at his plate. Everything would be so much better with food.

Ellery cleared her throat and smiled again. "Good to see you again, Kaya, I believe we've met before." She gave a little wave. "And I'm pleased to meet you both. I'm Ellery Aydelore, Evandra's-- well, I suppose I'm her niece, but that's a long story." Folding her hands in her lap, she continued. "What relation are you all to Nilo, exactly?"  
    LSG_Amarra
    LSG_Amarra

Post by LSG_Amarra Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:07 am

"Yes, I believe that will be my first question as well." Amarra stated,
    quietly placing her hands on her lap and straightening to look ladylike, "I'd also like to know how to address everyone. I don't want to cause an international incident." Better she ask now and seem ignorant, than pay later and look malicious.

Another person slinked in the doorway behind the three, her head hung a bit low. Lin's eyes shifted to each person, watching for a moment before moving on, but... at least she was calm. She slipped a quick hug to her mother, and they whispered something in Elvish - Something probably only Eva could clearly understand; "I missed you mother." "I know, my dear, I was so worried for you." "We can talk later...?" Amarra nodded and squeezed the arm that draped over her, then gave it a pat, holding on for perhaps a moment longer than her daughter would have liked. She wouldn't bother and embarrass Liniel, at least not right then.

Lin shuffled over and sat next to Lo, and sunk into her chair.
    DaBowlOfSoup
    DaBowlOfSoup

Post by DaBowlOfSoup Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Art looked over at the group and shook his head with a sigh "I suppose I should try to be social." he whispered to himself in elvish before getting up and moving closer to the people. Sitting down, he looked up and gave his best smile "Hello everyone, how are you. It has been a long time." he said cheerily. He glanced back down at his forearm and rubbed it, His face scrunched up slightly and he flinched when the sleeve made contact with his arm. Shaking his head he brushed it off quickly hoping no one was paying enough attention to notice.
    Lost Caravan
    Lost Caravan

Post by Lost Caravan Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:25 pm

"K-Kaya, don't treat me like a child..." Nilo would say with what could only be described as a pout, his sister would only smile in happy accomplishment before getting no direct response to her in law question. He seemed vaguely familiar to her, but she couldn't really put a finger on it. She'd simply lean back in her chair, looking at the gathered group and the last minute guest.

"First off, pleasure to see you again Ellery! Must say it's been a while, huh? Nice to meet you Lochannar. Such a fascinating name... Elvish, right?" she'd ask with a small smile, wait... Different names? Wait, different last names? Ellery didn't look elvish at all! Wait, okay different time different place...

The other two would give a simple hello at their greetings.

"Well, Nilo is a biiiiiit of an anomaly for the royal family. Technically he'd be considered our nephew but our parents have decided he's our brother and such we refer to him as that. It's confusing and really makes nooooo sense but hey! Thems the breaks." Kaya would say with an accomplished nod of her head. She really didn't get it, but she guessed it had to do more with how Nilo came into existence rather than what made him... If that made any sense which she really didn't think did.

"I-I'ms not related to misses Kaya's family. Just her cartographer!" the farmer boy would say afterwards, a happy smile on his face despite his nervousness. He really didn't really want to seem rude or something... There were so many important people here, it made him feel out of place.

"I too am Nilo's brother. We had only just met the other day though... It feels a bit too surreal to say I have a new brother after this whole time." Anenia would say with a sweet voice, she would smile elegantly at the group gathered here, it was nice to meet everyone family. She knew these people were important to Ruga, and she'd be more than happy to be their companion should they let.

"Hmm... You're Rio's husband yes? I think we've met briefly before, right?" Anenia would say with a small inquiry towards the werebear. She was curious to learn more about her extended family... It would be nice to meet people other than her family for once.
    Cat
    Cat
    Admin

Post by Cat Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Evandra smiled at Liniel when she came near, but remained silent during the quiet exchange between mother and daughter. At least Lin came to say hello before sulking to a seat-- that was progress, right? As Lin walked away, Eva patted Amarra's arm comfortingly. Her eyes drifted across the table. Hopefully this meal would end well.

"Nice to see I'm not the biggest grump at the party," Lochannar muttered to Lin as she plopped down. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, clearly impatient. When was the food coming? It'd make 'pleasant' conversation a lot more enjoyable. Caught staring at his plate and not the conversation, he received a swift kick from Ellery, and caught the tail end of Kaya's question.

He bit back a sarcastic response. Tall, pointy-eared, course he wasn't an Elf. "Yes, it's Elvish. Not all Ordovean Elves have blended their culture," he finished with a nearly imperceptible glance to Evandra.

Ellery laughed. "Understandable, Evandra's family is quite confusing as well, so we know all about confusing relations." Ellery gestured widely, nearly taking Lochannar's face off. "Which is going to get more confusing, because technically, once Nilo and Evandra are married, that would make her Arturo's aunt, right?" She tapped her chin, lips pursed. "I've been wondering about all the relations."

"Cartographer? That's a map-maker, right?" Ellery beamed. "That's an excellent skill! What regions have you mapped?"

Evandra watched Eller chatter on, holding a conversation with ease. She sighed heavily, resting her chin on her fist, slowly shaking her head. "How does she do it, Nilo?" she asked softly. "I'm exhausted just listening to her."

LSG_Amarra
    LSG_Amarra

Post by LSG_Amarra Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Lin snorted, "You don't know the half of it." she mumbled, "And now we have to deal with these pompous, stuffed up guys, and they're going to stick their noses up at the 'savages'." She made a face at Lochannar grumbling something about the slightly racist comment, "Their food better be good, Or I'll mutiny... You in? I might need back up."

Amarra, on the other hand, was in a much better mood. "I've gotten by with just nodding and smiling, you're not the only one." Arturo's entrance caught her attention, and she smiled back at him. "Come and sit with us, Arturo."
    DaBowlOfSoup
    DaBowlOfSoup

Post by DaBowlOfSoup Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:43 pm

Art looked over at Kaya and nodded "Yes that would be me, I am the person Rio has been unfortunate enough to be stuck with." he chuckled at his own comment. "I can't remember if we have met before or not, sadly being a werebear does not boost my memory at all, just makes me smell bad smells 10 times worse than I would if i was regular." he leaned back in his seat a bit, seeming to relax.

"Yes, Evandra does have the burden of being my Aunt now, Im sure the thought is the subject of many of her nightmares." he said, turning to Ellery with a wide grin. "Its nice to have everyone together again, perhaps I could grace you all with a song. It is the least i could do." he said happily.
    Lost Caravan
    Lost Caravan

Post by Lost Caravan Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:27 am

"Eesh, well I'm not super sure my self. Can't say I really give much mind to the specifics of things. Nilo's not my brother because of the rules, he's my brother cuz I say so! I'm sure our parents will make a huge fuss about everything, though. Really, can't imagine they wouldn't try and plot everything out to make sense to them." Kaya would say with a hearty laugh, really, everything in this place was so complicated and confusing. It was so much better to just go out into the world and explore and visit everything over and over again! There was always something new you missed, why think everything is pointless if its outside your borders? That and other things just made her perfectly incapable of being a proper Red.

"A-Ah yes! I makes all the maps for misses Kaya! We's tryin' to map the whole world! We's covered a lot of Cronane including Ordovea and some of Blackmoss Wood! We've decided to come to Lasmaira to map out most of heres! We started in a port town around Fanasindi and have been mapping the grasslands around thems before we had to come here. Mapped all the ways here I did!" he'd say with quite a bit of pride. It was clear that Nico Nico took pride in his work despite his obvious initial shyness. He believed he could really help someone as amazing as Kaya with his skill so he was more than happy to talk about what he was good at.

"I get lost in the conversations, honestly. I have no idea how to respond to most of the topics or if I can really add anything to them. Big groups get confusing, huh?" he'd say in a whisper back, a gentle sigh escaping him. He was smiling though, he was happy everyone was getting along at least... For the most part. He worried about Lin and the last outburst... It bothered him slightly, but hopefully she wouldn't do anything reckless.

"Ah, no, I believe this is our first time meeting. It is a pleasure to meet the one Rio loves so much. Your children are truly a delight, I must say they're all so eccentric and unique. You must be so proud of them! Oh, but a werebear is it? My, I can't say I've heard of such a creature in my whole life! You can really turn into a bear? Fascinating!" Anenia would say with her soft voice, but it boasted a tone of confidence that it didn't have before. Well, she was a preacher after all. It made sense that her initial interaction would be shy but as time grew on the confidence would build.

But without further ado, the doors would burst open with a chime of a bell. In stepped a very well dressed man with striking blonde hair and a handsome face. Piercing, crystal blue eyes would look at the table before him before he would smile and bow ever so gracefully.

"Paftari Red at your service. I prepare all the food for the royal family and their esteemed guests! I do hope this meal will be to your liking." he'd say in a suave voice, as if he were trying to win over a debate with nothing more than his charm alone. He had a lot of it as he stepped off to the side gently, servants with carts full of food orderly making their way into the dining hall. Soon after Haramara would enter as well, an elegant gown adorning her as she also bowed gently. It would appear she'd be taking the part of hostess as she stepped forward. Her eyes would light up gently as she saw her father, a more warm smile escaping her as she waved to him for a moment.

"Hello members of the Red royal family and their esteemed guests! I, Haramara Shade, and Paftari Red have worked very hard to prepare this meal for you today. It will consist of a soup, an appetizer,  an entree, and a dessert." Haramara would bow gently, her hands clapping as the servants would soon set a bowl of soup in a fancy glass bowl decorated to make it look like a flower.

"The soup is an apple and butternut squash soup with the broth's secret ingredient being a rare oil made from the fat of monstrous ducks found living high in the Dokvinn Mountains. The soup has a luxurious taste with a hint of spice and you'll find plenty of nice chunks of apple, butternut squash, and duck!" Haramara would say with an articulate voice that flowed smoothly. This was her first time hosting a gathering like this and presenting food, so she was a little nervous... But she wanted to do her best for her uncle and aunt who helped her and her mom so much and especially for her dad that she didn't know would be here. What a happy surprise!
    Cat
    Cat
    Admin

Post by Cat Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:36 pm

Lochannar snickered quietly. "They've got nothing on my father. As far as snobbery goes... he's at the top." He rolled his shoulders with a small sigh. With that comparison made, it almost seemed a little easier to bear. Just put up the old face of submission he'd done for decades.

"After what Ellery's been feeding me...," he lowered his voice considerably, trusting Lin's canine hearing to pick it up, "I'll take just about anything." He leaned back in his seat, quite smug.

Hearing Arturo's comment, Lochannar turned abruptly. "I value my sense of hearing, so do us all a favor and please, don't sing." He sat stiffly. Bards, of all the people in the world, were the most bothersome of all.

Ellery, now wrapped up in her exciting conversation, payed no heed to Lochannar's grumpamentalisim. "That's fascinating! I've never traveled much, save for coming here. But I've much about Blackmoss - it's said to be haunted." Said to be haunted, and half of it was true-- as the Tanalramae home was seated deep into the forest, and they took... certain measures to keep snoops away. "I've never even seen a map of Lasmaira, actually. Never really needed to know anything about it."

Evandra rolled her eyes. "Conversations never lose me, they just bore me. Or by the time I want to say something, they've changed the subject thirty times over." She glowered. "Plus, it's not like the company is easy to get along with. After botching it with your relatives, and with Lochannar, of all people, here..." she leaned back, rubbing an old claw scar on her hand.

But, before she could continue, the food arrived. Ellery's excited chatter fell short, and Lochannar looked like he was about to jump out of his chair. Hoping he'd behave himself whilst the proper introductions and sort went on, Ellery turned her attention to Paftari and Haramara with a broad smile. She held back her happy exclamations over the description of their meal, as she didn't wish to speak out of turn.

"Telling us the secret ingredient? That's not really secret...," he muttered, staring at the fancy dish, almost not sure how to approach it. "Also, isn't that Arturo's kid? She's... much more sophisticated than I'd expect, coming from him," he murmured most of this, only those sitting closest to him could hear.

Evandra raised an eyebrow at Amarra, a small smile curving her lips. "Well, here are the apples," she teased, picking up a spoon.
    LSG_Amarra
    LSG_Amarra

Post by LSG_Amarra Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:59 am

Amarra chuckled, "Oh, please no - Apples either on the tables or in mouths, please, Eva...?" She gently begged. She had never thought before meeting Evandra that apples could be projectiles.

Liniel snorted loudly. She, however, had no problem expressing her entertainment - At least she had the decency to keep her voice low. "At least she cooks more than charcoal. I would have starved if I didn't have my Aunt." She leaned forward once the food was placed in front of her. "Besides, Raina's the only one who sticks around Farturo. These kids hang around Rio, and Zi." Lin shuddered and distracted her self at looking around, trying to figure out when it was okay to start scarfing down food. She grabbed a fork - One out of a dozen of them in front of her - and glared at it, "'Course they're gonna be weird."

Then she pointed the fork at Arturo with a smirk. "No singing. I don't wanna lose my lunch as I'm putting it down. The moment you start singing is the moment I start howling, and that is a threat.
    DaBowlOfSoup
    DaBowlOfSoup

Post by DaBowlOfSoup Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Art just shook his head and sighed loudly "Oh why did i even bother asking." he waved a hand dismissively and looked over at the food as it came in. "Thank goodness im famished" he said to himself. He smiled upon seeing one of his children being so fancy "Well she certainly didn't get that from me but im proud none the less."he though to himself he smiled and nodded towards her in an attempt to show his proudness. Art sat up straight in his chair and tried to act as proper as he could while the food was being served, the problem was gonna be eating it. He was raised under the rule that everything was a finger food so this would be interesting.(apologies for terrible reply my brain is fried as usual.)
    Lost Caravan
    Lost Caravan

Post by Lost Caravan Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:07 am

"Ah, well, shall we begin eating then? There's no point in letting good food go cold." Nilo would say with a smile on his face, he'd grab a spoon and eye Haramara, they didn't need any other ques before eating, right? Luckily there was no real party after the wedding, or, at least not a public one with the whole Red family there.

The daughter of Shade would simply nod her head and extend her arms to her side, signaling to the rest that it was fine to partake of the food. With that done, Nilo and his sisters would begin eating, albeit, Anenia was the only one that showed any real manners. Kaya picked the bowl up and shoveled bites of soup and fruit into her mouth, Nico following a similar manner as well. Nilo would eat as politely as he could, but that was really more of his nature of doing things.

"Oh, Amarra is it, right? Might I ask what you do for a living? I know Nilo goes on many adventures, I'd be fascinated to know how you two met." Anenia would ask with a polite smile, she didn't know much about Nilo's friends outside of what little she was told from Ruga before his passing... She'd love to know as much as she could.

"Aaaaah, Paftari you haven't lost your touch I see! Still as heavenly as ever! You gotta tell me what's the real secret ingredient, c'mon!" Kaya would explain happily, the blonde haired man simply chuckling and waving a dismissive hand toward his sister who'd only groan playfully in response.

"Ay! Question time though! Who hear's been able to beat up our little brother! I'm curious, I want to know who's a good fighter in case I'm ever in a bind." Kaya would ask rather boisterously. Food made her spirits shine almost as much as a good drink did. When people were eating together, it was a bonding experience for everyone in her book. No point being shy after all.

"Nico Nico ain't exactly a fighter, can't say Anenia is either. Terrible for when we stumble upon a band of rigid mercs or fall prey to some sort of dungeon!" she'd state with an affirmative nod, Nico Nico frowning gently while Anenia only seemed slightly bewildered.

"Kaya, I've never once have gone on an adventure with you." she'd respond with a bewildered look on her face. She wasn't a fighter, no, but that didn't really change the fact that the statement made much sense.

"Ah, so? You'd still be bad in a fight. You could probably pray for us if we're in a bind, though! Prayer and song keeps morale high, ya know. Anyways, c'mon, don't be shy! Evandra! You ever beaten up your beloved over here?" Kaya would ask with a light elbow to Nilo's arm who'd been sitting there in stunned silence. He hadn't been prepared to be the center of such a conversation... Nothing in his entire life could really prepare him for Kaya's antics and actions.
    Cat
    Cat
    Admin

Post by Cat Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:26 pm

"You know, Lin, you don't sound very resourceful. Even I can cook in a pinch," Lochannar spoke around a mouthful. It wasn't long before he'd scraped the bowl clear of it's contents, careful to get every drop. He hadn't had a good meal, since, well, since he was in Ordovea, and he wasn't going to let anything go to waste.

Evandra and Ellery, however, both ate deliberately, with elbows tucked, exhibiting better manners than some might expect from farm girls. Ellery continued her well timed chatter between bites. "This is absolutely delightful! You know, I wasn't too sure what to expect from Nilo's family, but I must say, I've taken a liking to you all."

Evandra smirked and spoke under her breath to Nilo. "I find it amusing that she didn't ask me how we met. That would be a story to tell." After another small bite, she snickered. "I distinctly remember you guilt-tripping me to agree that I did not, in fact, dislike you."

Upon Kaya's inquiry over who had beaten up Nilo, Evandra coughed, almost choking on her soup. Eyes watering, she carefully swallowed before chuckling. She wiped the corner of her eye. "I was not expecting that question, to be honest. We uh, don't make a habit of beating up people we care about..." However, upon spotting Nilo's expression, she pressed her hand to her lips, barely concealing an onslaught of laughter. "Nilo, you like I just threatened to beat you up."

Ellery shot Evandra a sly look. "Actually, Evandra's probably the one most prone to getting into fights...," she trailed off, innocently scooping up another bite of soup.

"That, I will agree with," Lochannar grumbled.

Rolling her eyes, Eva looked to Lochannar. "Like brother, like sister."

Ellery eyes widening, butted in before they'd break out in a full-scale sibling battle. "We've had our fair share of difficulties in Ordovea, but we're putting the greivances of the past behind us now, aren't we?" She forced a smile.

Brother and sister huffed in unison, and both turned to their food. Or, in Lochannar's case, his empty bowl. He scraped the spoon along the edges of the bowl and muttered something that may have been an apology.    
    LSG_Amarra
    LSG_Amarra

Post by LSG_Amarra Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:50 pm

"Me?" Amarra placed her spoon down and gestured to herself, "Oh,
    I fear I'm not that interesting. I'm just a seamstress." She lied - Eva, of all the people present, knew the truth. "It's because of Evandra, and in turn everyone else, that my life has been exciting as it has been." Yet she was the one who fought an orc, she had seen the best and worst of people, her life had been thrown into danger on so many occasions, and stared death in the eyes. She sighed. Her time had passed, however, and she was content with being 'just a seamstress'. "Nilo, I believe was a friend of Evandra when I met him not too long ago. Th-there's not too much story to it, I'm afraid." She laughed softly.

Lin wasn't listening, or caring about her mother's conversation. She blew a raspberry at Lo, "I've got better things to do, and there are people better at making food. Why bother?" She could hunt, of course, but cooking wasn't her specialty, much like her mother. Lin was much less meticulous with her bowl, slurping and spooning haphazardly, much to the dismay of her mother.

Amarra sighed at the other end of the table and wondered when her daughter would start to show a more mature mentality. She still had the urge to go over and wipe her face, but Liniel was much too old for that. She huffed and turned to Elery and Evandra, "I quite agree, We're here for new beginnings and celebration."
    DaBowlOfSoup
    DaBowlOfSoup

Post by DaBowlOfSoup Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Art remained quite as no one really tried to strike up any conversation with him. the soup that had been placed in front of him had disappeared within a minute at the least, all that was left was an empty bowl and a few splotches of leftover soup inside the bowl. his face scrunched in discomfort as he held back a monstrous burp in the back of his throat.

"So how was the trip over?" he said turning to Amarra, attempting to have some sort of social interaction before he got driven crazy from boredom "I've never much liked ships, always make me sick".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:09 am