Inspiration Without Fear

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a small group of friends dedicated to immersive story-building, and enjoyable roleplay in a high fantasy setting. We are a private, invite only group.

4 posters

'A Delivery'- Adventures in Reyon

Cat
    Cat
    Admin

'A Delivery'- Adventures in Reyon Empty 'A Delivery'- Adventures in Reyon

Post by Cat Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:19 pm

A Delivery

'A Delivery'- Adventures in Reyon 1ced993d85239c337e67a6156e315f7f

People crowded the streets of Reyon, darting two and fro throughout the market area. Races, everywhere from the few tall Elves to the scampering Halfings slipping between feet and somehow drawing enough attention to not be stepped on. Merchants called to people passing by, telling of all the great goods they had for sale.

However, despite the chaos, the clopping across the light stone streets on horseback were two men, leading along a riderless horse. They chatted to each other in low tones, but kept a close eye on the street. The older fellow, looking to be in his mid-fifties with long grizzled hair tied back from his face, scanned the crowd, his eyes scrutinizing each person. However, his face remained cheered and he showed no signs of worry.

Riding alongside him was a younger fellow, perhaps in his thirties, with sandy-brown hair and a very confident air about him, guided his horse without scanning the streets, seeming very familiar with this environment. He muttered something alongside to his older companion and chortled, but the older fellow just shook his head.

"No, I mean it, Nathan, the food there is terrible!" the younger fellow exclaimed. "Your days in Reyon haven't been in the past what, decade, huh?"

Nathan chuckled and guided his horse around a man carrying a basket of apples. "Come now Bruik, it's been at least two. But I'm certainly not too old to not remember the most respectable inn in town." He grinned. "Plus, being old isn't easy, I've got quite the appetite."

Lost Caravan
    Lost Caravan

'A Delivery'- Adventures in Reyon Empty Re: 'A Delivery'- Adventures in Reyon

Post by Lost Caravan Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:33 pm

'A Delivery'- Adventures in Reyon Latest?cb=20140903082132

Ah! What a lovely new place to explore! And by new, Kaya meant for the fiftieth time. Was it bad she simply adored cute places like this? All the people of different races and pasts and all of them had such promising futures ahead of them! It made the adventure giddy as she skipped through the plethora of people. A red panda sat on her shoulder, peeking out from under her long hair.

Kaya was a seasoned traveler, having explored most, if not all, of the world. She'd been everywhere in her home country, and here was no different. There was nary a place she didn't know about, and if somewhere new popped up, you could be sure it was due to her doing! Possibly, well traveled didn't always mean the first to everything, even if she was an adventurer. Though, her self gloating aside, it seemed today was just a simple normal day in town.

She'd eventually dash out of the crowd, jumping onto a bench near a merchant's stall as she places her right hand over her eyes and leaned forward looking into the crowd. Who looked interesting here today? If she could find a free ride or possibly someone who looked like they had a story, who knew what amazing adventure awaited! Her red panda companion chortled in her ear, the girl nodding her head after standing more casually... On top of the bench.

"Hmmmm... You're right, Papuluous! Someone with horses! Oh, or a scar! Or maybe someone with impressive hair and a beard... Hmmm... Oh, who cares!? Just anyone interesting will do! First, horses! Let's go!" the girl would squeal as she jumped off the bench and back into the crowd, dashing from horseman to horseman as she went. Someone would catch her interest eventually! They had too, if not, she'd be lonely. And that was no emotion an adventurer could feel!

Last edited by Lost Caravan on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LSG_Amarra
    LSG_Amarra

Post by LSG_Amarra Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:05 pm

'A Delivery'- Adventures in Reyon Oliver10

His feet couldn't go fast enough as he bolted down the street, throwing cautionaries and apologise left and right, but mostly behind him. He leapt over a trailing puppy following a larger noblewoman, who promptly yelled chastising words after him. He couldn't help it; watching the world speed past him filled his soul and made him feel alive. Plus the faster he got the package to Lord Vehndal, the sooner he got paid - maybe with a tip!!

The thought made him push himself further. Shanna needed it... He shook his head, 'No this isn't the time fo-'

He slammed into someone at full speed, knocking both of them over. Pain shot through his head as it met the stone, and it took a moment to regain clear sight. "Hey!" Oh no. He swallowed and turned his head to look up, but before he could try to lift himself, someone did it for him. A bulky, angry looking man lifted him completely off of the ground. "What's your problem, pipsqueak?!" The man spit in his face as he talked.

"H-Hey, friend!" he stuttered out, managing a nervous grin. "Listen, I'm real sorry 'bout that, I'm just trying to get my job done, you know? I didn't see y-"

"I don't care, you're dead, kid!!" He swallowed. This was bad. This was awful. He could already hear his sister; 'How do you always find trouble, Oli? Why can't you be a good boy.' That is... if he makes it out of this situation alive.

"W-We can work something out, ri-right?" He laughed nervously, starting to flail a bit in a panic.
    Cat
    Cat
    Admin

Post by Cat Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:17 pm

"Oh, here's trouble...," Nathan muttered under his breath. He caught sight of the fleet-footed lad just as he ran smack dab into the burly oaf. He nudged Beryl through the crowd to bring him closer to the small confrontation. That ought to have hurt. Just in time to hear the man's threat, Nate reined in his horse nearby, looking down with disapproval.

His eyes darted through the crowd, and he paused each time he spotted the unique silver-grey uniform of a Silver Brand soldier. He refocused on the lad and the burly man. "Oi, watch your mouth, fella. Didn't your mother teach you it isn't nice to threaten a lad half your size?" He smirked and rested his hands on the saddlehorn.

"It's awfully unpleasant buiness, I must say."
    Lost Caravan
    Lost Caravan

Post by Lost Caravan Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:26 pm

The girl stopped abruptly, promptly bumping (bumping = crashing) into a wall and falling flat onto her back. Well, that hurt! But, hey! Look! People! With a quick shake of her head she'd stand up and dash over to the forming group of people, and holy smokes!

"Aaaaah! Oh, you're so totally perfect for this! A horse, an amazing beard, and hair! Oh wait, what's happening? Huuuuuuh?" the girl would say as she ran up next to the horseman that caught her eye, looking at the younger man who was now hanging from his collar being gripped by a large burly man.

"Hey! No violence in the presence of royalty!" the girl would say pulling out what appeared to be little more than a stick with white ribbons on the end. She'd point it at the burly man, a face akin to 'check mate' crossing hers. This was perfect!

'A Delivery'- Adventures in Reyon 7583196

"Hah! See? I just saved your life! How does it feel to be saved by royalty such as I?"

Little did she know her exploit proooobably didn't make any sense and her title of royalty meant next to nothing here if she wasn't accompanied by guards or the likes. After all, all she had was a fancy stick and a red panda. She carried lightly, obviously.
    LSG_Amarra
    LSG_Amarra

Post by LSG_Amarra Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:51 am

They both looked, first to Nathan, and then to the girl. Neither one moved for quite some time, passerby's simply staring as they walked on, giving them lots of space. Slowly the man put Oliver down, "You know what, squirt... You're not worth dealing with crazies." He gave Oliver one last shove as he left the now group, grumbling to himself about his now ruined day.

He blinked, stunned that he was unharmed. "Holy..." He ran his hand through his hair and turned to his would-be saviors. He looked between the man on the horse and the girl. Now they could see that he wasn't as small as they once thought, being quite tall for a human - if he had been one. However, the slight point on his ears showed he at least had a little bit of elven blood in him.

His mind snapped back and he sucked in a breath. "Where-?!" He shoved his hands in his pockets and searched for the package - and there it was. He released the breath he had held, laughing in the process.

"Man... You two don't know how you've saved my hide." He rushed up to Nathan on his horse and reached up to shake his hand with much gusto.  "Thank you, thank you." Then he jogged over to the girl. "Tha-" He opened his arms for a hug but paused awkwardly. His next attempt was to shake her hand but decided against it, finally deciding just to bow. "I don't know how to thank you two." His lopsided grin found it's way onto his face, though he tried to fight it, leaving him with a strange half toothed smile.

RP Order:

Last edited by LSG_Amarra on Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    DaBowlOfSoup
    DaBowlOfSoup

Post by DaBowlOfSoup Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:13 am

Castien had been standing on the side of the street for some time observing his surroundings, scanning the area as if looking for something. He was short for an elf, standing at only about 5'8" but what he lacked in height he made up for in fierceness. It might've just been his resting face but he looked angry, extremely angry. He had taken notice of the situation with the small lad and the big man and stepped foreward, ready to act if needed.

As the man on his horse approached and took care of the situation he let out a gentle sigh. "Darn....was really hoping to get some action today". He frowned lightly and shook his head, approaching the bunch. He turned to the lad who the big man was threatening earlier and tilted his head "Oi lad. You alright"?
    Cat
    Cat
    Admin

Post by Cat Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Nathan chuckled and dipped his head in acknowledgement as the young man shook his hand. "No worries, kid. That fellow looked like he could'a eaten you alive, figured I'd give you a hand." He leaned back in his saddle with a lopsided grin- he seemed awfully cheeky for one his age.

Tilting his head, Nathan leaned forward. He'd seen people like this lad around, most of them couriers and the like. "You a delivery boy?" he inquired. He patted his horse: that would make two of them.

His eyes darted toward the woman. Her claim to royalty was either false or extremely foreign. Nathan was... 'acquainted' in some way with most Ordovean royalty, had it been through prison, disciplinary action, or perhaps selling them a noble steed. But this young lady(for most people appearing under the margin of elderly appeared young to Nathan) was definitely unfamiliar. Certainly didn't sound Ordovean.

"Y'know, lass, it isn't wise to make such claims, especially in times and places such as these. But thank you," he paused and patted his hair, "I do try." He rolled his eyes to land on a set of guards on the street nearby- having a good view and angle from Beryl's back. "Heard they have ears everywhere." He winked, then glanced over his shoulder.

"Eh, Brui-" he paused mid holler, halted by a cross-looking, 'midget Elf' when he spoke. Nathan tilted his head. Short and angry, perhaps related to Evandra? Nathan leaned forward, an arm draped across the saddle. "Well I'll be, you're awfully short for an Elf, good fellow."
    Lost Caravan
    Lost Caravan

Post by Lost Caravan Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:18 pm

Ah hah! Not only was she called crazy for the fifth time today, the boy was totally saved by her amazing wit and killer good looks~! Both of those statements were ridiculously exaggerated... But who cared!? No one could tell you you were lying if you'd leave the next day! Legends were made that way, you know? Kaya was a living legend in the making! O-Or so she liked to think... And boast.

"Hah hah! Don't be modest, young man! Papuluous Von Vancotton Seni-vanjuice the fifteenth and Kaya Red are more than happy to show you affection after your near visit by Death herself!" the girl would say in a very energetic voice, going to hug the young man tightly before jumping back after a while and standing on her tip toes. Oh! He was an elf! How exciting!

"Well, hello elf! It's nice to meet you! How old are you? You can't be older than one hundred and fifty, huh? You're quite small too boot!" the girl would say with a quizzical eye. She was always fascinated by all the different types of elves growing cycles. It was something she hadn't quite gotten down lock and key yet. It made her a little unhappy she couldn't just tell their age with a half gaze.

"Huh? Well, last I was here this place wasn't even half this size! How could it change so much that it forgot the upcoming legend, Kaya Red! Adventurer of the seven seas, mistress of the deepest forests, queen of the tallest mountains, ruler over the endless grasslands! Hah! If you haven't heard my name, whisper snapper, you must really be young!" she'd boast, waving her fancy stick around. What she said wasn't false, no. She had indeed adventured across the seven seas more times than she could count, climbed every mountain she saw, visited the deepest depths of every forest, and had explored every blade of grass in the grasslands! H-However... She did each thing without many witnesses... It was hard to become a legend when no one was really there to see her exploits! Well, that's why she had an apprentice now! Wait, where was he?
    LSG_Amarra
    LSG_Amarra

Post by LSG_Amarra Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:23 pm

"Half-el-" He groaned weakly as the air rushed from his lungs. Enthusiastic. Breathlessly, he laughed. "Everyone forgets the 'half' part. They just see the point in my ears," He took a step back once she let go, and shrugged, "And at the same time, totally miss the point!!" A shameless grin sat proudly on his face. He swore he could hear his sister groan from across the whole city....

He spun on his heel to face the now trio, "But, Aye. Freelancer delivery boy, messenger, and fetcher of various things. Whatever suits your fancy." He bowed to them. "Oliver Meren, at your service!" He peaked up at the strange elf man, "And yes, I am quite fine, thanks to the lot of ya."

Last edited by LSG_Amarra on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DaBowlOfSoup
    DaBowlOfSoup

Post by DaBowlOfSoup Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:08 pm

Castien grumbled angrily when the man and the girl made comments about him being short for an elf " Yeah yeah....I know im short for an elf and to answer your question miss Im three hundred and twenty" He said with a long sigh.

After staring angrily at the two on their horses and the girl he would turn to the boy Oliver, his expression slightly less angry. "Good to hear boy, Ive never enjoyed people picking on those smaller then them. Sorry I didn't step in sooner, it would seem you owe all of your thanks to this man." he would gesture towards the man up on his horse. As he kept talking the group might have noticed that he was glancing around a lot, still acting as if he were looking for something. "Im Castien Yruanae, its a pleasure to meet you lot."
    Cat
    Cat
    Admin

Post by Cat Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Nathan eyed the odd trio with a chuckle of amusement. The young woman with the odd pet that had a name twice the size of Cronane itself was most... peculiar. He shifted in his saddle. "Purpose won cotton juice the fifteenth?" Nathan inquired, an eyebrow cocked in utter confusion. Had he heard the lass right?

"Elves," he mused. "Well, an Elf and a half." He grinned down at Oliver. "There was a day when Elves were scarcer in Ordovea." He paused and shrugged. "But no matter, I've got a tendency to like 'em." He cast a grin over his shoulder to the short Elf. "Even the small ones."

He nodded in return to Oliver's introduction. "And Nathan Aydelore, at yours, lad. Pleased to make yer acquaintance." Nathan settled back on his horse, quite pleased. "And no need to thank me, I was just helping out a fellow in a pickle- been in plenty similar situations myself."

At this moment, Nathan's previous companion, Bruik, a somewhat younger fellow, approached, weaving through the bustling street to where they stood conversing. No longer on horseback, he looked a little disgruntled. "Mister Nathan, sir," he spoke pointedly to draw attention."I believe the horse is to be delivered at no later than half past noon, and the morning moves on almost as fast as your tongue does." 
    Lost Caravan
    Lost Caravan

Post by Lost Caravan Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:35 pm

'A Delivery'- Adventures in Reyon 1392-2025855105

"Oh! To be so wrong on an elf's age! My, you would think I, the great Adventurer, could know an elf's age!"

The girl would say with a displeased sigh. It didn't overly matter to her, but it was always a total shame when she missed by that much! Oh well, the group was forming up just nicely, actually! Hm, still, if she could hitch a ride with these fine horsemen, it'd be fantastic! She totally wasn't a freeloader!

"Papuluous Von Vancotton Seni-vanjuice the fifteenth! My loyal companion and compatriot! I dare say I couldn't ask for a better traveling partner all these! Um... Years!" the girl said with a cheery tone of voice. She loved her red panda! How long had she had him for? It felt like waaaaaay longer than it should have been... Hm...

"Oh! All these names make me all giddy inside! I dare say, this is quite the adventurer's caravan already in progress! Though... I'm not sure if any of you are willing to accompany I, the greatest adventurer that ever lived, on an epic quest to! Ah! Somewhere over there!?" the girl would say pointing in a random direction down the road. She didn't really know what she was pointing at... After all, the best thing to do in a situation like this was to follow your gut! And her gut was telling her to go tha- Wait, what?

'A Delivery'- Adventures in Reyon Tumblr_static_580e9138ee5b3d5d7dfc508a9a924b19-500x226

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey! Mistress Kaaaaaaayaaaaaaaa!"

A loud voice would yell through the busy street as a young man ran up to Kaya and the group. He'd stop just a foot's step away from the girl in red, a hand raised up and a smile on his cheery face. The girl was silent for a split second before squealing and hugging the boy, spinning with him before throwing him into the air, the boy promptly falling onto his back with a giddy smile.

"Mistress Kaya! Oi! It's been, what, five years!? Where have you beeeen!? My map is soooo much more complete now, look look!" the boy would say, standing upright quite quickly and running up to the girl once more. He took out of his satchel a quite comically large map, opening it up as far as his arms could go, showing it to his mistress.

"Oh my goodness! Look at it! It's so nicely completed! Kind of, but hey! It's so great to see you again! Now you can join me on my epic quest off in that direction!" the girl would say, pointing in the opposite direction she had pointed at earlier. Though, she'd then look over at the other people, a smile on her face.

"Oh! Forgive my manners, sirs! I am Mistress Kaya's apprentice in adventuring! I am Nico Nico! First name Nico, last name Nico! Quite amazing, right? Well! If we're going to go on an adventure, we should look at my map! I bet you you won't find a better map in all of Cronane!" the eager boy would say, his mistress smiling eagerly as well. They hadn't seen each other in five years after all! This was the best thing ever! Now they could adventure together once more! Oh what epic joys!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:00 pm