Inspiration Without Fear

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a small group of friends dedicated to immersive story-building, and enjoyable roleplay in a high fantasy setting. We are a private, invite only group.

Letters to a Friend - Amarra

LSG_Amarra
    LSG_Amarra

Letters to a Friend - Amarra Empty Letters to a Friend - Amarra

Post by LSG_Amarra Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Mars,

Got you a couple of new books; Theories of The Dwarven Isolation, Politics of Gnomes, Zikarian Legends and Myths, and The Great Cheeses of Oclaria. Though, I do have to ask about the cheese book. Got an affinity for solidified dairy products now?

You know what... I don't want to know.

~

Ainion,

Why do you care what I read in my spare time? Perhaps I find the fine differences between firm and facile milk-like provisions fascinating.

Also, my father is asking for a souvenir from Davenport. He says it's 'for a friend' but I highly doubt that; Toma has been asking about your trip since the last letter. It's been bothering her more and more. I want to leave just as much as she does, but I have to believe mother just wants us to be safe. Why would she fight so hard otherwise?

Amarra.

~

First of all, I appreciate the use of alliteration. Very clever.

Secondly, You can't honestly say that. Not after everything you've been through. I swore that I would get you away from there, and I will Mars. I'll take you to all of my favorite places, I'll throw every letter she sends into the sea, and when she comes after us I'll take you and run as fast as I can. You deserve freedom! You need to see the world and learn for yourself, you need to break rules and run from guards!! You wouldn't believe some of the food I've tasted down in Adriell, It's like it's made from your wildest dreams!

By the way, I'm already looking for a gift for "his friend". I think she'll like what I have in mind.

~

Ainion,

You're Mad.

Amarra.

~

Yeah but you adore me. Forget it Marsy-poo,You're not getting rid of me anytime soon. You were doomed from the moment our fathers started doing business. I swear Mars we'll have the most wildest adventures and the best stories.

~

Ainion,

One of these days, you are going to push your luck and I'll snap. They'll ask where you've gone now, that no one has heard from you in a while, and I'll just shrug.

Your punctuation is atrocious, the lack of headings and signatures distresses me to an nth degree, your grammar is sub par and the use of 'Marsy-poo' is just ridiculous. You are ridiculous.

Furthermore, Father and 'his friend' appreciate your search. She also requests something practical.

Amarra.

~

I had the nightmare again.

~

You sound like a teac

Are you okay? I mean well enough to send a letter, but you know what I mean. What happened? Your mother didn't wake up, did she? I swear if she laid a finger on you, I'm leaving port and coming over there even if I have to swim the entire way.

~

Ainion,

I'm fine now. No, she didn't wake up. Just Toma and Jak.

I saw the man again. He's always so cold, but this time, his eye glowed. He was still purely covered in shadows, but it dripped onto me like tar. I couldn't move my feet fast enough...

I drowned... Or suffocated. But even as I felt like I was dying I could hear his voice.

~

I'm sorry I couldn't be there this time. Have they been getting worse? Maybe it's like everyone says and dreams are reflecting real life... Has anything been bugging you? You know you can talk to me Mars. Is it your mother? Your brother leaving again? Did someone say something about your stitch work, because I can make it so they need stitches.

~

Ainion,

I swear He's there. Nothing else has happened, don't you believe me?! I'm not crazy, Ain, It's not just a nightmare.

You believe me, right?

~

He stared at the page, the quill nearly dropping out of his hand as he sat in thought. She... wasn't crazy. Not Mars. She was the most level headed, next to her father.

But who would say that there was someone in their head?

The quill shook in his hand. He tried as hard as he could to believe the words he wrote.

'Of course I believe you. I'm your best friend, why wouldn't I?'

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:32 pm